Sat11Jul201510:00 pmLewis and Clark Landing
6th Annual Owl Ride
Registration is now open for the 2015 OwL Ride!! Come join us on the Omaha riverfront Saturday night July 11 for the largest annual night-time ride between Chicago and Denver. Click here to be taken right to our registration link.
The OwL Ride gives riders a choice of an 7.5-mile short course and a 17-mile extended route. With its non-competitive format and choice of courses, both casual and serious riders and families can enjoy the unique experience of the OwL Ride. Come join us at 10 p.m. July 11 for a cruise through the city with your nocturnal friends.
Fee is $30 per rider 19 and older, $10 for 18 and under when registering with an adult. On-line registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 10, the night before the ride. However, you can still register in person at packet pickup or before the start of the event at Lewis and Clark Landing. In-person registration fees are $35 for adults and $15 for children. Owl Ride registration comes with:
- Official Rider Guide/route map.
- Rider identification bib (for registration confirmation and on-route bicycle maintenance support).
- A cruise through the heart of Omaha on a great course, with police providing traffic support at major intersections (streets are open to traffic, though, so do ride with normal discretion).
- Bicycle support provided by our local bike shop sponsors, including Bike Rack, Olympia Cycle, The Bike Way, Trek Bicycle Store, Re-Cycle, Bike Masters, and Omaha Bicycle Company.
- Owl Perchs/rest stops with water/refreshments and snacks.
- Post-ride snack provided and entertainment at Lewis and Clark Landing
NOTE: Helmets are required for all Owl Ride participants, and state law also requires anyone riding at night to have both a front light and rear reflectors. Our sponsors offer discounts on helmets and lights. See our Safety page for more information.